[mythtv-users] NUV TO WINDOWS PC

Martin Hartman III hartman9 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:31:43 EST 2005

Since I have reaped the benefits of this mail list I wanted to give
something back.  This may be obvious or old information so bare with me.  In
my pursuit of a MythTV box I never came across this information so it may
help someone else who is in a similar position.

>From day one I wanted to be able to download shows from my MythTV box,
convert them, and burn to DVD.  I am a life long Windows user and did not
think this was possible to go from .nuv to something Windows could
understand.  I read how you had to use nuvexport or nuv2avi.  Well, I am
here to tell you that this is not at all necessary.  For all you Windows
users out there, all you have to do is download the .nuv file through a
Samba mount on your MythTV box and rename the extension to .mpg and it will
work perfectly.  Keep in mind I am using Windows XP Pro with the latest
version of Media Player.  Once you have the file renamed you can throw it in
a program like Nero and it will transcode and burn no problem.  I hope this
information helps some of you newbs out there.

Dowload DirectShow Filter to see what show you are downloading from your
Samba mount.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsmyth