[mythtv-users] Re: Fuzzy and Wavy Local Channels

M Smith quaff at clippersoft.net
Tue Nov 8 06:24:22 EST 2005

 > Get an adjustable wrench and screw down all the F-connectors in
 > your house (not just the cable connected to your myth box).
 >
 > -- bjm

bjm, which F-Connectors?  Should I crack open the boxes in the wall or
do you mean the connectors on the physical cable?

 > mkundinger...
 > If at all possible, try plugging your cable directly into the TV in
 > that room, and check the reception. If reception is fine, it's a
 > problem on the MythTV side. If the reception is still crap, then it's
 > a problem elsewhere (but probably in the room, since you say it's okay
 > elsewhere). The limit to channels 1-13 makes it sound like it's a
 > VHF-tuning problem, but that's just speculation.
 >
 > This super simple debug step helped me figure out my own quality
 > problems, which were caused by loose connections and crappy cables
and > splitters.

I'm planning on moving out the entertainment center this weekend to
paint behind it anyway.  I'll try swapping cables with the cable that's
currently plugged directly into the TV, which is not having any problems.

What do you mean by a 'VHF-tuning problem'?  I realize it's just your
speculation, but do you mean something on the myth side of things
possibly?  If so, what could I look at?

Could this be signal degradation, even though it's only my myth box and
these channels that have the problem?  I do have the cable split in
multiple places in the house.

Thanks all for the replies...
Matt