[mythtv-users] DirecTV D11 channel control with IR Blaster

Chad Jannusch bgmncwj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:43:58 EST 2005

On 11/7/05, Jeff Simpson <llcooljeff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just switched from comcast cable to DirecTV (not my choice) and
> I knew I would need to get an IR Blaster to change channels. I can't
> find an lirc config for my stb, though:
>
> Model (as far as I can tell) is DirecTV D11
>
> I see that most DirecTV users have serial control - which would work
> out great if I had an STB that had that input, especially since I already
> have cables that will work.
>
> I'd try to record my own lirc config, but the only IR receiver I have is
> for the hauppauge card, so it's RC5.
>
> Anybody know where I can find a config for the D11? Thanks!
>
> - Jeff

> After a quick search on Google (
http://www.sbcatest.com/installers_help_d10.pdf) , it looks like your D11
has a USB port on the back and you can buy a USB to serial adapter (Page 9).
I'm not too sure if the included DTV channel change script will work with
the D11, but if not, I'm sure a few modifications will allow it work.

Hope this gets you started,
bgmncwj