[mythtv-users] MythVideo q's

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 18:00:00 EST 2005

i've ordered all my parts to build my dedicated mythbox and have started
playing around with my temporary install on my fileserver. I'm playing with
the plugins now...

so some MythVideo questions...

I use the list view since I prefer my directory structure over the other
methods of listing through my videos (tv shows mostly). the behaviour of list
view seems very odd to me, so...
the main tree shows the directory i setup as my videos directory, this implies
I can set more than one videos directory, how do I do this? if not, how do I
have the main (first) tree show the contents of my videos directory?

When entering the next tree level the tree on the left side is the previous
tree on the right, which is fine, except that the cursor remains on the tree
I just requested to enter! is this the way it works or is there some setting
I'm missing?

Next, I currently use mplayer for video playback, the problem is the interface
is quite different from Myth's Watch TV interface (ie fast forward/rewind,
etc). How does xine's playback compare to mplayer (I never use xine, so...),
I know wxVLC has a very similar interface to Myth in this area, is vlc a
possibility?

Thanks!
Steve