[mythtv-users] Backup LVM group (kinda OT)

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:37:07 EST 2005

On 11/8/05, mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk <mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk>
wrote:

> Jim asked:
>
> <snip>
>
> >There is no way to format the other partitions without wiping out the LVM
> group is there?

I reinstall all the time without affecting my LVM. Infact when i just put in
a new 300gig drive cause i had 3 older drives and one was dying and the
others sounded like it, i made one 6 gig partition for root, one swap, rest
i made into LVm incase i ever add more harddrives. I've reinstalled since
cause i wanted to upgrade to RA22 KnoppMyth, and start fresh. So just wiped
out hda1, kept hda2 (swap), and hda3 (lvm) and everything is fine. How i
went from my 3 drives to one, was to boot up with four, partition the new
harddrive, format hda3, and copy all the stuff on the old LVM to the new
LVM, just named the new LVM group something different. Worked for me.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell