[mythtv-users] Error "Configure 3rd-party package repositories"

Serge.Zwikker szwikker at allkindsofminds.org
Wed Nov 9 15:53:24 EST 2005

First of all I would like to thank everyone that has help me so far.  I am a total newbie to Linux and want to learn!

I am following the http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php how to.

So when it tells me to do this:

This is a simple matter of adding a configuration file for each repository in /etc/yum.repos.d/. Pre-configured files can be simply downloaded to your system like so:

# cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
# wget http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/atrpms.repo
# wget http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/freshrpms.repo

This is what happens when I do it:

[mythtv at localhost mythtv]$ su
Password:
[root at localhost mythtv]# cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
bash: cd: /etc/yum.repos.d/: No such file or directory
[root at localhost mythtv]#

Any suggestions?

thanks!

serge