[mythtv-users] pchdtv3000 svideo input w/Dish HD?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Nov 10 14:42:39 EST 2005

Hey,

I'm reading up on all this hdtv stuff so I can drool about it.
I've read that only terrestrial hdtv is available for linux, but
I'm not about to invest money in an antennae. I've got Dish
currently, and I don't plan to go hybrid.

I see that the pchdtv3000 has an svideo input. Shouldn't
this input work with svideo outputs from receivers like the
Dish HD receivers? Or is there a format issue?

Also, can the pchdtv receive normal NTSC input on it's
svideo? Or would one need a pvr x50 for that still?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin