[mythtv-users] NVidia 6200, 6600 and XVideo

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Fri Nov 11 00:45:47 EST 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 11:28 pm, Peter Zelezny wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has the whole story on the Xvideo
> issue with NVidia's 6200 or 6600[GT] cards?
>
> I've been getting mixed messages, some say it simply will
> not work:
>
>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/08/msg00205.html
>
> while others say Xv works fine for them. Can someone give
> a more confident answer on this?

Works fine, as long as you don't need the overlay for anything.  Hardware
scaling, colorspace conversion, and display are all still present.  Just no
hardware overlay (which myth doesn't use).  The email you link to is wrong -
really, the only things that don't work are xawtv in overlay mode and
adjusting the picture controls.

Isaac