[mythtv-users] recommended joysticks or gamepads for xmame and mythgame

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 13:10:06 EST 2005

Well, this might not meet your requirements
(wireless), but this is what I use:
http://www.x-arcade.com/two-player.shtml

I'm a big fan of Mortal Kombat II, and this works
perfectly for it - reminds me of the actual arcade
console in the feel.  There's almost no programming to
do for XMAME (it plugs into the PS/2 keyboard port and
there's a MAME configuration file you can use with a
command line parameter).

A bit high-end, but worth every penny for me.

Before that, I was using a pair of Microsoft
Sidewinders (the old 15-pin joystick/MIDI port type,
not the USB).  They worked well, but I wanted the
arcade feel.

-- Joe