[mythtv-users] Replaced FX5200 with 6200 -> no video with mythvideo

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Fri Nov 11 17:32:11 EST 2005

I just replaced my nvidia FX5200 based videocard with a Nvidia 6200
(AGP) based one. The nvidia driver picks up the new card without problem
and Mythtv comes up nicely again, but as soon as I try to watch live TV
or earlier recorded shows I only get a black screen. Mythfrontend seems
to be hanging completely and does not respond to either keyboard or
remote.

Killing it with ssh from a remote machine gives me back my screen. When
a play a recording using mplayer it just playes fine.

Do I need to change some setting in myth to get video working again?

Jurgen