[mythtv-users] Attractive cases and cheap DVD burners

Nezar Nielsen nezar.nielsen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 07:57:21 EST 2005

On 11/12/05, Jules Bean <jules at jellybean.co.uk> wrote:

> attractive panel to mount an VFD behind. It's not cheap, though. A close
> second seems to be the Ahanix D.Vine 5. I've looked at a few cases by

One thing to note about the D.Vine 5 is that it doesn't have enough space
for a normal atx psu, so if you decide to change the included one, you have
to find one that is micro atx (and since you'll want it beneath your tv,
quiet as well, which can be quite hard, and those that are(ahanix' own for
example) are quite expensive.
Also, that case only has harddisc mount for 1 disc (there's space, however,
to place some more next to the drives, but no mount)

Silverstone and I just don't think they look as nice (subjective,
> obviously). Does anyone have any really good or bad reports about any of
> these cases I should take into account?

A friend of mine bought a silverstone case and describes at least the lid
that covers, i think it was, the optical disk-drive as being VERY plasticy
and loose, thus not giving off a real quality feel.

The next question I'm really uncertain about is how to choose a
> dual-layer DVD burner which doesn't sound like a flock of migrating
> geese (and will fit in the cases above). Any advice here?

I use one from LG(which fits fine in the D.Vine 5 case), but I think most
drives are pretty silent, when you just set their speed to something low,
eg. this command for closing the disk drive and setting the speed to 2x:
eject -t -x 2

--
Mvh. Nezar Nielsen
http://fez.dk