[mythtv-users] UK DVB-T - New channels

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 09:02:05 EST 2005

Graeme wrote:

> Since the recent introduction of More4 I've got a new entry
> in my program guide, but there's no program descriptions or
> titles.  How do I get MythTV to pick up the info?

You need to amend the mythfilldatabase setup as well as the channel setup to
fill it with information, you should stick the xmltvid in both the database
and the file that gets used by mythfilldatabase.

In the case of More4 it's C1959.radiotimes.com  (Assuming you are using
tv_grab_uk_rt, use tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels to, well list the channels
:-) ).

You should have a file in your ~mythtv/.mythtv (unless you run
mythfilldatabase as another user in which case look in their home) directory
called <something>.xmltv, in my case it's called Freeview.xmltv, add the
line:

channel C1959.radiotimes.com

to the bottom of that file, then go into mythtv-setup and edit the channel
and ensure that C1959.radiotimes.com is entered into the xmltvid box for
that channel.

Then run mythfilldatabase and jobs a good un.

HTH

David