[mythtv-users] Attractive cases

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Sat Nov 12 10:14:00 EST 2005

>I'm coming round to thinking that the nicest case out there is the
>Accent HT-400 ( http://www.arisetec.com/products/HT-400.htm ) since it
>is full-size, well-designed, comes with built in IR hardware and an
>attractive panel to mount an VFD behind. It's not cheap, though. A close
>second seems to be the Ahanix D.Vine 5. I've looked at a few cases by
>Silverstone and I just don't think they look as nice (subjective,
>obviously). Does anyone have any really good or bad reports about any of
>these cases I should take into account?

I think the advantages of the Silverstone cases is they have so
many options when it comes to size, expansion, and looks. For
example, Silverstone offers the only HT-style case I found that
supports 3 full-height expansion slots (1xAGP, 2xPCI) in a low-profile
design, such as the LC-11M, which is also very quiet.
Not everyone wants those boxy-like Shuttle cases, or the
full-size monster PC cases, like the Aristec HT-400 with 6+ expansion
slots in their home-theater.

No one would ever buy a TiVo that big,
so why make my own that big?