[mythtv-users] Nuvexport problems ffmpeg finishes immediately.

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:11:59 EST 2005

I'm trying to figure out nuvexport... I want to get a method down for
archiving some shows. When I try to use nuvexport to export something it
looks like it tries to start ffmpeg but then ffmpeg finishes right away (not
processing any frames).

Here's the ouptut of nuvexport:

You have chosen to export 1 episode:

1. The Simpsons:
Treehouse of Horror XV (10/30, 6:59 PM) 1280x720 MPEG2 (16:9)
Ned gains the power to foretell people's deaths; Maggie is shrunk, then
swallowed by Mr. Burns; in Victorian London, Detective Eliza Simpson and
her sidekick, Dr. Bartley, pursue the Muttonchop Murderer.

* Separate multiple episodes with spaces

c. Continue
n. Choose another show
q. Quit

Choose a function, or episode(s) to remove: c
Where would you like to export the files to? [.]
Enable Myth cutlist? [Yes]
Enable noise reduction (slower, but better results)? [Yes] n
Enable deinterlacing? [Yes] n
Crop broadcast overscan (2% border)? [Yes]
Audio bitrate? [128]
Variable bitrate video? [Yes] n
Video bitrate? [960]
Default resolution based on 16:9 aspect ratio.
Width? [624]
Height? [352]

Now encoding: The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror XV
Encode started: Sat Nov 12 15:06:51 2005
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting ffmpeg.
processed: 0 of 0 frames (0.00%), 0.00 fps
ffmpeg finished.
processed: 0 of 0 frames (0.00%), 0.00 fps

At this point it sits waiting for something... doesn't time out or anything.
So I ctrl-c it to kill it. If I enable all the options (all the defaults in
nuvexport), it spits out:

Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting ffmpeg.
processed: 0 of 0 frames (0.00%), 0.00 fps INFO: [yuvdenoise]
INFO: [yuvdenoise] mjpeg-tools yuvdenoise version 1.9.0
yuvdenoise: invalid option -- r
processed: 0 of 114279 frames (0.00%), 0.00 fps

and this doesn't move as well. :(

Any help is appreciated.
-Greg