[mythtv-users] Attractive cases

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:44:06 EST 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 18:03, R. Geoffrey Newbury wrote:

> >Anyone know if you can drive the display of the SilverStone LC10M in
> >linux?
> >
> >-nathan
>
> Linux drivers are available at   www.venky.ws
>
> Sliverstone use the iMon line of IR/VFD components.
>

> Geoff

I just finished building my Silverstone LC16MS case. All I can say is wow!
worth every penny. Beautifuly designed case, well built, the venky drivers
were a peice of cake to get running and the g/f liked the fact that it said
she was awesome ;-) (helped make up for all the time being spent). I haven't
played with the remote or front panel buttons but all went as they should
according to the posts on the venky forum so I'll assume for now they
work ;-)

The aluminum front is really georgous, it matches quite well to the quality of
"real" home theatre components. The case I got is large, but it allows me to
hold 6 harddrives and 5PCI cards, which makes a nice all in one box.

The only downside I have to the case is the method they use to do the cdrom
button, the internal peice that is supposed to push the actual cdrom's button
could have been done much better. I modified it by adding one of those LRF's
to it but after that it works great! (and is soooo cool, for some reason I
love pushing the button and watching the drive open and close!)

Steve