[mythtv-users] How to use xine instead of mplayer

Henry Fleischmann henry at fishcasa.com
Sat Nov 12 23:10:30 EST 2005

Ben Edwards wrote:
> I'me using gentoo and mythtv and when I play dvd it uses mplayer.  Is
> there a way of getting it to use xine instead.
>
> Ben
> --
> Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
> WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of
> using the veneer of objectivity
> If you have a problem emailing me use
> http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
> (email address this email is sent from may be defunct)

I did this:

change the DVD player command to
/usr/local/bin/xine -pfhq --auto-scan

and video player command to:
/usr/local/bin/xine -pfhq

I switched to xine because mplayer would not automatically play the
correct audio track from some DVDs I ripped. It also deviates from the
commands mythtv uses when playing recordings so I had to print them out.
(q to quit, space for pause/play, FF acts weird so I have to use 10/ for
"move to 10%") I use a wireless keyboard so it isn't a big deal but I
would imagine it could be a pain to get a remote setup.

--
Henry