[mythtv-users] DirecTV D11 channel control with IR Blaster

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 03:02:05 EST 2005

It works! I have serial control working on the DirecTV D11 box (with USB
port control)

I got a BOFA-810 USB->Serial adapter and coupled it with a null modem cable
(well, a couple 9-pin dsub->RJ45 adapters and an ethernet cable carefully
configured). I had to severely modify the directv.pl script to allow it to
work at 115200 with hardward flow control, but it seems to be partially
working now (power on/off, osd on/off, channel changing all work). I'll post
a copy of the script once I clean it up some more

- Jeff