[mythtv-users] Myth and a DEC2000

meh at runlevel6.net meh at runlevel6.net
Sun Nov 13 07:35:57 EST 2005

Im building a HTPC using Gentoo and MythTV 0.18.1r1 (Latest portage version).
I have my Hauppauge DEC2000-T set up and working fine with dvbscan, tzap and
mplayer.
When getting it running in Myth I run into problems when scanning for
channels. The auto scan finds IIRC 6 transport streams (which match what
dvbscan gave me) then gives me nothing else. It takes about 20 mins to reach
100% then just sits there, after cancelling it there are no channels in  the
list.
I found an app (tv_grab_dvb) to convert my dvbscan channels.conf and input it
into the database, which gives a nice list of channels in the channel editor.
After having some issues setting up the default start channel, I now get the
following error when starting the backend:

"Could not find dvb tuning parameters for transport0"
"Unable to tune to channel"

Then selecting "Watch TV" from the frontend gives me a black screen which
times out, the backend giving a lot of "No data received from card". I havent
altered the transports from what the autoscan gives me, the parameters shown
match what dvbscan gave me. I tried clearing all channels then entering the
data manually, but I have no idea what to enter for "Frequency ID" when
entering the channels.

Im aware from searching the list that there were issues with the DEC and
scanning, but the changelog for 0.18 suggests the patch I saw was
implemented. Is this true, or will I be better off trying the CVS version? Or
is there some MySQL trickery to get the channnels from channels.conf in the
database?

Apart from that it looks a fantastic package and I can't wait to get it
running!

Ben