[mythtv-users] DirecTV - some channels missing?

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 10:47:18 EST 2005

On 11/13/05, Jeff Simpson <llcooljeff at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The channels that are missing are below 70, which is also what DirecTV
> > > designates as local channels. Could this be related?
> >
> > Are you sure they're selected in your DataDirect lineup?
> >
> > Mike
>

> Positive. The check boxes are checked, and in the view page it shows the
> green checkmark icons next to the channels.

Found the problem - some channels show up twice on DirecTV. The first copy
in the 2-70 range, the second in the 920-1000 range. The first one is
tunable on the dtv box, but the second one isn't. Since both stations are
the same, either myth or zap2it are picking one of the two, and by default
they are picking the higher number. Once I removed those higher numbers, the
lower ones showed up.

- Jeff