[mythtv-users] Re: Testing DMA with VIA chipset?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 16:39:54 EST 2005

--- "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Robert Winburne wrote:
>
> > It seems like I will be buying another MB -
> probably newegg's Foxconn
> > 748K7AA SiS 748.  As it is cheap, non-VIA, and
> supports my other H/W.
> > ...That is, unless someone thinks it's a bad
> idea??? :)
>
> I got an SiS-based motherboard for my PVR-x50 setup
> and it was
> rock-solid stable.
>
> Mike

Likewise.

I have no problems on my Athlon64 with a PVR-350 and a
PVR-500 on a SiS755-based board from ECS.  Prior to
that I used an Athlon XP with a PVR-250 and PVR-350 on
a GigaByte SiS748-based board with no problems.

I know nothing in particular about the Foxconn board,
but it's probably fine.

-- Joe