[mythtv-users] Gnome and Sound -- not being shared

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 13 16:45:03 EST 2005

On 11/13/05 16:16, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Mlists wrote:
>
>> Hi there -- having a problem with sound and myth.  It seems Gnome is not
>> playing nice and not sharing the sound device.  How can I solve this?
>
> Turn off GNOME's sound daemon (ESD?).

Oh, and BTW, notice the lines:

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html
    "Also, ensure that no other programs are grabbing the audio output,
like arts or esd."

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#Troubleshooting_Audio
    "You may also want to ensure that /dev/dsp , or whatever device file
is being used, hasn't already been grabbed by another process, like esd
or artsd."

Mike