[mythtv-users] Thoughts on HDTV-capable frontend

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 20:38:06 EST 2005

Thoughts on video over wireless...

You are going to need near ideal conditions to get DVD quality MPEG-2 over
802.11g. Given that you need to use a wireless connection in the first
place, it seems unlikely that you have those ideal conditions.

Also consider that you will likely lose your picture whenever a microwave is
in use nearby.

As far as HDTV over 802.11g is concerned, assuming a data rate of around
8GB/hr, (on the low side, I believe) you would need to push about 18mb/s of
data out to the frontend. I don't believe you can reasonaby expect to do
that with 802.11g.