[mythtv-users] Attractive cases

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 13 21:06:09 EST 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 22:11, Nathan Allen Stratton wrote:
> > >I think the advantages of the Silverstone cases is they have so
> > >many options when it comes to size, expansion, and looks. For
> > >example, Silverstone offers the only HT-style case I found that
> > >supports 3 full-height expansion slots (1xAGP, 2xPCI) in a low-profile
> > >design, such as the LC-11M, which is also very quiet.
> > >Not everyone wants those boxy-like Shuttle cases, or the
> > >full-size monster PC cases, like the Aristec HT-400 with 6+ expansion
> > >slots in their home-theater.
>
> Anyone know if you can drive the display of the SilverStone LC10M in
> linux?
>
> -nathan

Yes you can. I have the LC14M (same equipment, just a different fascia.) These
cases come with an iMon VFD and IR remote. Check out Venky's site for all the
info you need to get these to work under Linux.

http://venky.ws/projects/imon/

One thing to be aware of with this remote/receiver combo is that it uses a
different IR protocol compared to pretty much anything else out there. RG6
vs. RG5 or something like that. If I recall it means that the remote and
receiver communicate much quicker. So for example, you can't replace the
remote with a whizz bang back-lit universal. As the iMon remote is not
back-lit, I consider it a bit of a dud remote for a home theatre PC.
--
Steve Boddy