[mythtv-users] ATI Wonder Remote

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:21:45 EST 2005

On 11/13/05, Folashade Adeyosoye <shardayyy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am still having the same problem with my ATI wonder Remote. Here is my
> setup
>
> * FC4 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4smp
> * lircd-0.7.2
> * Mythtv 0.18
>
> I have installed and configured to the best of my knowledge. I know the
> remote work and receive signals because I was able to test using I believe
> irrecord/irxevent.
>
> My modprobe.conf has
> # Remote
> alias char-major-61 lirc_atiusb
> alias lirc_dev lirc_atiusb
>

> My .lircrc is in my mythtv home directory
> And lircrc in my .mythtv directory
>

> In my /etc/rc.d/rc.local
> echo "Starting lircd"
> /usr/local/sbin/lircd

You don't mention the file, /etc/lircd.conf. What are you using for that
file?

You might have copied /usr/share/doc/lirc-0.7.2
/remotes/atiusb/lircd.conf.atiusb
over to /etc/lircd.conf (seems unlikely, since you didn't mention it).

That file might work, but it didn't work for me. So, I used irrecord to
generate a specific /etc/lircd.conf for my MythTV system, and then the ATI
Remote Wonder worked!

Strictly speaking, it isn't necessary to generate a new /etc/lircd/conf, IF
you can find one that matches your remote. I preferred generating my own so
that I could get the experience necessary to support multiple ATI Remote
Wonder remotes. For the details of configuring, you can search the MythTV
archives for
"HOWTO multiple ATI".

--
MM