[mythtv-users] Losing sound on PVR-150

dave sailer d.sailer at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 14:29:03 EST 2005

Anthony Valentine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Gentoo based MythTV box that, for the most part , is working
> great.    However, I have a loss of audio problem that I am hoping
> that someone can help me with, cause I've run out of ideas.
>
> The problem is that I will randomly lose sound on one of my tuners
> (PVR-150) and I cannot get it back until I reboot.  So far, it seems
> to happen on a specific tuner, but as it is Tuner0 and it records most
> of my shows, that could just be a coincidence.
>
> I have tried the ivtv-0.4 drivers via portage, and from ivtv's SVN,
> but that hasn't helped and as far as I can tell, I am using the latest
> firmware.  I have also followed the troubleshooting page on
> ivtvdriver.org.
>
> I don't want to flood the list with pages of configs and logs, so I
> have posted everything that I think is relevant on my website, here:
> http://www.akvalentine.com/Members/anthony
>
> If I have left something out, please let me know and I'll post it ASAP.
>
> Thanks for your help!

don't have an answer but just fyi, I have the same problem  - you may
want to keep an eye on the thread "no sound new pvr150" in the ivtv-uses
forum at ivtvdriver.org started I believe on nov 12. I also have a 2
card setup losing sound on the first card.  that thread has some steps
you can take - I'm just waiting right now for it to occur again so I can
compare output from ivtvctl commands - for some reason it hasn't
happened in awhile  and normally it happens within a few hours of use.