[mythtv-users] Announce: Myth EPG Searching Utility

Neil Neil.myth at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 15:11:04 EST 2005

Hi All,

I've just finished coding up a little Java utility that allows you to
create and store a list of words or phrases of things that you would
normally be interested in watching. You can then search the EPG, and any
program that contains any of your phrases in either the title, subtitle
or description will be displayed. It then allows you to add any of these
to the recording schedule.

At the moment its very similar to the TVWish application, but I am
planning on extending it to allow more sophisticated searching, and
ultimately to allow it to recommend programs based on ones you have
previously recorded.

If you'd like to have a look, you can download it from:

http://www.neilchinnery.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Please let me have your (constructive ;-) criticisms. Any suggestions or
bug reports appreciated.

Thanks

Neil