[mythtv-users] $20 tuner at CompUSA

mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net
Tue Nov 15 12:08:56 EST 2005

>> 12G per hour? 4G per 20 minutes?
>>  Holie!
>>

> Sounds like uncompressed recording... $20 seems like a good deal, but you're
> better off springing a little more for a 150, in my opinion. Save yourself
> the hassle in the long run.

I have a 150 now, and yeah it's great.  Perhaps the quoted filesize is
incorrect? I was thinking either:
A. Good second tuner for that occasional time when I need to record two
shows at
once (until I get a HD card)
B. Cheap remote for a frontend, especially if the remote is USB and
doesn't need
the card installed, but either way it is cheap.

One concern is that for now I would need the recordings viewable on my
MVP.  But
you're right - I was thinking about getting another 150 anyway (MCE so I could
get radio).