[mythtv-users] nVidia and XvMC

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Tue Nov 15 12:47:38 EST 2005

>>Has anyone ever gotten XvMC working on a 64 bit native AMD64 machine?  I
>>was under the impression that it just didn't work yet.
>>
>>Greg
>
> That may very well be the case.  If it is, what's the best alternative?  I
> would guess that the next nVidia release might take care of it, but I'd
> rather not sit around on my hands until that happens.  And what about the
> slowness of plain XVideo?  Thanks.
>
> Will

I'm afraid I can't be much help - I'm not able to do HD here yet.  Maybe
your best bet is to go with a 32 bit OS for the time being.  I don't know
enough about it to know if you can use the 32 bit driver under a 64 bit
Linux via a compatibility layer.

That, or auto-transcode to a resolution/bitrate that your machine can handle.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Greg