[mythtv-users] Attractive cases and cheap DVD burners

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 02:38:53 EST 2005

tgate wrote:
> It turns out that all the major noise is coming from my graphics card,
> an nvidia gforce 6600 which has a fan.  Could someone suggest an
> alternative that is good but without a fan.  Or is there some clever
> mod that can be done which makes it okay to unplug the graphics card fan?

You can always remove the graphics card fan and replace it, either with
another fan attached to the card, or another fan placed in the case
positioned to draw air over it. http://www.quiet.pc.com are one outfit
that sell very quiet fans (in general, the bigger the fan, the quieter,
since it can turn more slowly).

Jules