[mythtv-users] OT: SPDIF add on board

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 03:35:12 EST 2005

On 16/11/05, Danny Brow <dan at fullmotions.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for an add on board for the SB Live 5.1 that has Optical and
> Coaxial out puts, something that will fit the normal back plate slot. I
> want digital out so if buying another card is a better idea let me know
> what card and obviously it has to work with mythtv.

My SB Live (basic) has coax digital out on the backplate already (uses
a 3.5mm output when is then converted into a regular coax phone
connector). Even if your current card offers the option of adding a
daughter card to add digital outputs, you will probably find it
cheaper to buy another supported audio card that has optical/coax
digital outputs already.

Check www.alsa-project.org if you want to check whether a card is
supported under ALSA.

Nick