[mythtv-users] No Sound in MythTV on WinTV PVR-350 card

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 16 12:03:29 EST 2005

Jacob Steenhagen wrote:

>On Wed, November 16, 2005 11:18 am, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>Sounds like cables plugged in to the wrong ports...
>>
>Other than the fact that sound and video work properly when using dd to
>pipe /dev/video0 directly to /dev/video16 and the fact that MythTV gives
>an error message when I select the "Watch TV" option, I might think that
>mis-plugging my cables is the problem. However, if I boot up my MythTV box
>and exit Myth, then run the following (from memory, may be typos), I get
>perfect sound and video:
>
>pkill twm
>ivtvctl -p4
>ivtvctl -u 0x3000
>ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -noglobalalpha -localalpha
>dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
>
>At this point, my TV starts displaying the video and playing the audio
>from channel 3.
>
>To me, this says that the cables are properly plugged in and the ivtv
>driver is doing what it's supposed to. The problem arises when I try to
>watch (or record) TV in MythTV.

Sorry.  Couldn't figure that out from what was left in the reply to
which I responded.

So, did you check the box:

TV audio through PVR-350 only
Normally, PVR-350 audio is looped into a sound card; here you can
indicate when that is not the case. MythTV cannot control TV volume when
this option is checked.

Mike