[mythtv-users] No Sound in MythTV on WinTV PVR-350 card

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 16 13:17:13 EST 2005

Jacob Steenhagen wrote:

>On Wed, November 16, 2005 12:03 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>Sorry.  Couldn't figure that out from what was left in the reply to
>>which I responded.
>>
>>So, did you check the box:
>>
>>TV audio through PVR-350 only
>>Normally, PVR-350 audio is looped into a sound card; here you can
>>indicate when that is not the case. MythTV cannot control TV volume when
>>this option is checked.
>>

>Ya, I have a tendency to cut out cruft when I'm replying...
>
>Anyway, I don't recall seeing any such box anywhere. Is that supposed to
>be in mythtv-setup? Or in the config in the mythfrontend? I'll be more
>than happy to look again when I get home :).

Frontend setup.  It was added in changeset 5819 (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/5819 ), so if you're not running
SVN, you either need to patch your 0.18 version or upgrade to SVN (all
SVN disclaimers apply--you should be reading the -dev and -commits list
to run SVN, some things are currently disabled in SVN, etc.).

>It's also my understanding that when there is no seperate sound card that
>other media functions (such as playing DVD's, MP3's, and games) don't
>work.

Well, the audio won't work.  How the app deals with lack of audio is
dependent on the app.

Mike