[mythtv-users] LiveTV Broken or Bad Permissions?

Martin West martin.west at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Nov 16 23:18:42 EST 2005

IMHO, I simple line in the README to say LiveTV is disabled would save a
lot of hassle. Seems lazy to me. I tried the SVN to get better support
for my DVB-T card and had the same problem. Why should I have to follow
the development forums. Im not a mythtv developer.

btw Ive only been programming for 40 years.

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 17:14 -0500, Tom E. Craddock Jr. wrote:
> Steve Adeff wrote:

> >>OK.  But even so, this does not mean that users who wouldn't normally
> >>use SVN are exempt from the responsibilities expected of *anyone* using
> >>SVN--i.e. reading and keeping up with the -dev and -commits lists...
> >>
> >>Just my $0.02.
> >>
> >>Mike
> >

> > Show me where onthe SVN page it says to read and keep up with the lists?
> >
> > As well, in the documentation, while it mentions you should join the lists, it
> > does not say anything about how to search the lists (ie gossamer) to see what
> > the current state of SVN is in.
> >
> > I don't know where else there is with official Myth Documentation that talks
> > about SVN, but I'll assume theres nothing there. Maybe a little clarification
> > in the documentation (but apparently NOT on the SVN page itself) should talk
> > about this stuff.
> >
> > Steve
>

> I think its one of those, if you are going to venture into the deep end
> of the waters, you should know how to swim things....If your going to go
> and use SVN, then you should at least know how to use it, ie know how to
> read up on the changelog/commit lists/dev lists.  I was never TOLD that
> myself, if just makes a hell of alot of sense to me that way.  If I want
> to use something, esp code thats actively being developed, then Id want
> to know whats going on with that code...the only way to know that is to
> either talk to the dev themselves (dev list is for that) or read their
> thoughts (commit list and trac for that).
>
> Tom

Regards
Martin West
http://www.objectgizmos.com