[mythtv-users] Re: ditch FC4 for Linux?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Wed Nov 16 22:20:15 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:07:21 -0800, Robert Lundy <robert.lundy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've installed FC4 on both a via mb with rhine II and an intel laptop
> with a broadcom based chip with similar behavior.

Yeah, I gathered it was an "emerging issue".<s>

> On the rhine II I had to go through internet set up to activate my eth0.
> At first, I had to create a fixed ip, go find my name servers, etc.
> After it
> was up I was able to delete it in the networking wizard and go back a
> properly create a DHCP profile.

Well, actually, I want static IP. So I started with that. But it's not
getting ANYTHING else on the network.

> Have you posted your dmesg to verify if a module is loading?

No, I'm going to do that in an hour or so.

> FYI-FC4 is the only distro I've found not properly configuring std NIC
> setups.

Yeah, I've gathered that, too. I had an FC3 DVD I had burned a while back
which didn't seem to be a problem (I would've gone with it but the DVD had
gotten scratched and, heh, I rather short-sightedly put 2 of my 3 burners
in the MythTV machine, and the 3rd one's in the shop.)