[mythtv-users] Myth & 1280x720 modeline on screenplay 5000

Blastzone blastzone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 07:48:55 EST 2005

I've been running MythTV for about 4 months now, and I'm pretty much sold.
Most of my friends are too. I picked up an InFocus ScreenPlay 5000 last
night, which runs at a native rez of 1280x720. I've also got a regular 17"
CRT monitor, for when I don't feel like watching TV on a 6-foot-wide screen.
I'm driving both through the standard VESA output, but *could* get a DVI
cable if necessary (for about $40).
My myth system is running on a Pundit-R w/ ATI 9100IGP chipset on FC4.

So, my question is:
I need to set up a modeline to drive output at 1280x720. Has anyone set this
up yet, and either has one, or can point me in a direction where I can learn
more about this?
2. Since the monitor & the projector have different ratios, I don't expect
the CRT to take to a 1280x720 too well. Is there a tool that I can use to
easily change resolutions (preferrably with a hotkey)?

Thank you!