[mythtv-users] Scheduling Suggestions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 17 10:28:41 EST 2005

James Pifer wrote:

>Hi. I have myth 0.18.1 on FC3 with a 350 and a 250. Everything is very
>stable and works great (thanks to all contributors). I do have a problem
>on Wednesday evenings where I record three shows on three channels.
>
>One show starts at 9PM and the other two start at 10PM. I have myth
>setup to record 2 minutes early and 1 minute late. I end up with
>recording conflicts on Wednesdays. I've tried messing with setting these
>individual recordings with +/- minutes, but just can't quite get it
>right. I keep missing the beginning or ending of shows.
>
>Is there a better way to do this? Is there a way to make these shows
>ignore the global start 2 minutes early/end 1 minute late setting?

The global pre-/post-roll setting /is/ ignored for back-to-back
recordings.  Per-recording-rule start-early/end-late is mandatory, though.

I'm assuming you have two capture cards, but confirmation would make it
easier to figure out what's happening.  Also, it could be important
whether the cards exist in a single backend or are in different backends.

Please check the recording rules carefully to make sure that the
start-early/end-late settings are 0 (or at least that end-late is 0 for
the 9:00 show and start-early is 0 for the 10:00 shows).  Also, verify
that the shows actually air from 9:00 to 10:00 and 10:00 to whenever (as
opposed to 9:00 to 10:01).  And, to get the best information on what's
happening, please let us know which specific shows you're trying to
record.  (I have a feeling if you've really found an unusual situation,
we'll see Bruce Markey jump in with another well-thought-out description
of the scheduler.  :)

Mike