[mythtv-users] Using Mythphone in more standalone fashion ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Nov 17 12:18:26 EST 2005

Hi,

I like Mythtv and particularly Mythphone.... I have integrated both into
Pluto system (www.plutohome.org) that adds a lot of other functionality....

The problem is that in Pluto mythfrontend  is only running if user gets into
that menu choice... I also have read that mythphone has a thread running
watching for incoming calls - but I'm not sure if this process is spawned
whenever mythfrontend exits or stays ?

Also I have problem running mythphone as plugin :
"mythfrontend mythweather" works, but "mythfrontend mythphone" doesn't ???

Also I'm curious how do you find mythphone, particular in Asterisk based
setups ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.