[mythtv-users] HD3000 and Myth. Please help me understand

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:20:55 EST 2005

On 11/17/05, Chris Trown <ctrown at safe-mail.net> wrote:

> I've read that some people transcode to MPEG4 format. The reasons
> I've read are better picture and less disk usage. True?

If you're transcoding you're transcoding to MPEG4. The reason for doing so
is space that's it.

If I transcode to MPEG4, then I lose the ability to use hardware
> acceleration via XVMC, yes?

Yes.

I've mostly got NVRAM wakeup going. How does Myth determine
> whether the system was woken up by a user or via NVRAM wakeup? This has
> implications for how to shut the system down.

If a recording is due to start within a short time of the wakeup it assumes
it was woken automaticly, otherwise it assumes it was woken by the user.