[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for PAL TV out, can't get it to work

Karsten Jeppesen karsten at jeppesens.com
Fri Nov 18 05:42:14 EST 2005

My brother has a gForce mx4000 card with TV-OUT and he would like to
use his tv as viewing screen.
But I can't get it to work.
When the tv is the only connected "monitor" (via the S-VIDEO) then at
startup I do get all the linux startup on the tv.
That part works fine - so we got the hardware correct (at least)
But when X (xorg) takes over then all we get is .... basically nothing.

I tried some of the setups I found on the web, stating that "this
works..." - well not so here.
Have anyone here gotten TV-OUT to work on a PAL system?
I would like to see a xorg.conf for that

Thanks,
Karsten