[mythtv-users] non-interactive nuvexport!

Steffen steffenf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:26:49 EST 2005

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net wrote:
> I took some time today to figure out how to make nuvexport work best
> from a pure command line interface, and this sample is what I came up
> with:
>
> nuvexport  --chanid=1035 --start=20031223232700 --mode=svcd
--out=test/goodeats.mpg --denoise

I am looking into modifying the myth2ipod (myth2ipod.com) script to
use nuvexport instead of ffmpeg to make it work on transcoded files,
and when doing some research I came upon your post. I've patched in
the ipod support at https://svn.forevermore.net/nuvexport/ticket/56
into my nuvexport 0.2_pre20051020 build, and converted ipod files from
nuvexport look great!

However, to do this interactively I'd like to be able to set the name
of the output file as a parameter. Your example of the --out=filename
parameter doesn't seem to work for me?

I've also tried changing the naming in /etc/nuvexportrc but nuvexport
doesn't seem to pay any attention to this at all.

Any tips? :-)

/Steff