[mythtv-users] Slow Database

Jason McKnight jason at mcknights.org
Fri Nov 18 08:52:22 EST 2005

try to SSH to your backend.

If it takes a long time for the backed to respond and log you in the
problem is DNS. Quite a few of my linux boxen have a long delay on just
about any network operation if they can't perform a reverse lookup of
the IP address. You can alleviate this by running DNS locally or by
creating entries in /etc/hosts (on the backend) for each machine on the
network.

MySQL can suffer from delays if the server is memory limited. I doubt
this is the case since the MythTV db should be fairly small compared to
most databases.