[mythtv-users] Play DivX Off DVD
dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:08:21 EST 2005
On 11/18/05, Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists)
<michael-mlists at cheshire.id.au> wrote:
> Just a (possibly) really dumb question - does mythtv play DivX/XviD straight
> of DVD/CD?
> How do you set this up?
I'm doing this with automount on FC3. Here's what I did to set it up:
1. # mkdir /mnt/auto
2. add this line to /etc/auto.misc (the only uncommented line):
cd -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom
3. add this line to /etc/auto.master (the only uncommented line):
/mnt/auto /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60
4. cd to your mythvideo directory where you keep your videos and do this:
ln -s /mnt/auto/cd DISC
(yes, your linking to a non-existent direcory, as per the docs)
(you can call your link whatever you want, I chose DISC for no reason
5. Run these commands to start the automount service and make sure it
starts at boot:
# /sbin/chkconfig autofs on
# /sbin/service autofs start
6. Use MythVideo in Listings mode, so that everytime you look for a
video, it rescans the directory. If you have a disc in the drive, then
DISC will show up as a folder. If you don't have a disc in, then the
DISC folder will not be there. Also if you wait for 60 seconds, the
drive unmounts (after exiting MythVideo) and you can eject the disc by
using the button on the drive. I couldn't get the unmount to work for
values less than 60 seconds.
Google around for more examples and/or documentation on automount.
This method works great for me, but might not for you. As usual YMMV.
More information about the mythtv-users