[mythtv-users] FYI: The Current Zap2it survey/Reqeust.

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:22:56 EST 2005

I just got an email from Tom at Zap2It, after he found this thread.
Apparently they DO have a method
for requesting a time to download the next days programming:

- Jeff

>From The Email:

Actually, we already did this. In fact, we've had it from day 1 in
DataDirect. It's the acknowledge() method in the xtvdService, which
probably no one uses. Every just uses the download() method.

If you consume the WSDL (see
http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/zap2it/tvDataDelivery.wsdl)
in a tool like XMLSpy, you can send an acknowledge() request and you'll get
back a blockedDownloadTime and a suggestedDownloadTime. See section 4.2.4
of the Z2LProtocols.pdf document
(http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/zap2it/Z2LProtocols.pdf) for
information on this returned data.

You're welcome to post this information on the Myth mailing lists.