[mythtv-users] Re: Mythburn hosed my /video directory

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:32:49 EST 2005

On 11/18/05, Joshua Fechner <phekno at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK. So that was just stupid on my part. I guess I had read that post some
> time ago but had forgotten about it. Well, I recorded a show as a test and
> used Mythburn again.

...without reinstalling mythburn and specifying a proper temp dir?!? After
getting your question answered at least twice on the email list?

Huh?

When I did it, it didn't appear to have done anything.

I'm sure "it" did "something". Whether "it" is mythtv or mythtvburin, I'm
also sure that there is a logfile of exactly what was done. Have you looked
at the logfile?

I checked my /video folder and everything was gone again.

See above.

So if I'm correct then Mythburn deletes everything in the working folder
> everytime it runs?

See above.

Is it just me or is that kind of stupid?

Having a program that uses gigs of temp space *not* clean up it's temp dir
after a run would seem stupid to me...

Anyway, my second problem is that Mythweb still lists all of my former (now
> deleted) programs under "Recorded Programs" even though they don't seem to
> exist anywhere. They even show the thumbnail. How do I get rid of them?

Well, you can delete any image files in /video since the recordings are
gone.

You're going to have to delete the recordings' info from MySQL. I find
phpMyAdmin to be a very helpful tool for working with MySQL when sql syntax
doesn't isn't second nature. Install phpMyAdmin and you should be able to
track down and delete those database entries relatively easily

That's the last time I use Mythburn.

... before you reinstall it and specify a valid temp dir and clean the
orphaned records out of your database. ;)

-Ross