[mythtv-users] LIve TV and changing channels -- unstable

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 19:16:35 EST 2005

--- Norm <mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:

> If I change the channel 3 or more times, the backend 'forgets' to
> change
> the channel and the frontend gets stuck waiting for data that will
> never
> arrive.  I typically have to restart both.
>
> Is this a typical problem with DVB or is there something more stable
> out
> there?  I can record from different stations and it has no problems
> jumping to the right station to record...

You know I have a similar problem, using a Matrox Marvel G400-TV
plugged into analog cable.  If I channel-flip aggressively (not always
three times), then after a while, the screen goes black, the frontend
and backend both hang and need to be restarted.

However, I can channel-flip aggressively with my PVR-250 (analog
again), without problem.