[mythtv-users] OT:? GeForce MX4000 and TV Out oddness

SpEnT spentboy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:48:08 EST 2005

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's run in to this but I can't
seem to find anything in the existing posts really. I used to have
Myth hooked up to a 35" CRT and have since bought a 57" rear
projection TV. The only connection (display wise) that I have to the
Myth box is the S-Video cable from a GeForce card to the TV. When I
put the new TV in I swapped the s-vid cable and everything looked good
(little odd shape BUT clear and clean).

I tried rebooting the machine with the new 57" TV connected and the
display went south .. scan lines, shakey, horrible looking. To get the
image back I booted the machine with it plugged back into the 35" and
after x started, swapped the cables back and it looked good still. I'm
just wondering if anyone here has seen something similar to this and
how you fixed it so IF you ever did have to boot the machine, the
image wasn't crappy. I was thinking it was something in X but this
happnes right from booting so is it possible something is reporting
odd to the card or out of the cards capabilities when it's hooked up
to the big screen when it boots?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! if you need any more details or info
I'll be happy to supply. Thanks again
--
Lonny