[mythtv-users] Script startup from mythfrontend menu

Tom th.tom at gmx.de
Sun Nov 20 04:07:49 EST 2005

Hi there,

is there an easy way to add an entry to the myth-menu?

E.g. I would like to hear some (internet radio) media streams. On the
commandline I would write something like:

xine -g mms://myFavoritRadioStream

As an advanced feature, it would be great, to have an interface to place a
menu entry name + shellstring to a file or the database to design e.g. a
sub-menu. For me (as I use front- and backend on one system), it would also
be great to start other applications out of mythtv (e.g. k3b).

OK, I know this is not the develoment list, however maybe someone solved this
problem before ...

Tom