[mythtv-users] Graphics card recommendation

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 05:43:53 EST 2005

Mike Robinson wrote:

>> I'm personally drooling over the Abit IC7-G. Firewire, USB 2.0, 4 PCI
>> slots,
>> an AGP slot, Gigabit, and optical 6.1 audio in-out, and quad pumped dual
>> channel DDR all built-in. I've seen 'em for about $120.
>
> That might be the one for me.  Please get me a drool bucket.

I avoided the Abit AV8 because a bit of research revealed it uses
proprietary power management - uGuru instead of plain old ACPI - and
they haven't released specs. Somebody has just recently got some limited
linux support for it by reverse engineering, but I decided to try to
find a board where the manufacturers were being a little more friendly.

Jules