[mythtv-users] Very Newbie DVB Question

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 07:17:05 EST 2005

Toby Weston wrote:

> I've been following the excellent Wilsonet guide and following the links
> on DVB but I can't seem to put the pieces together :\ for example, does
> the latest 2.6 kernels have DVB support? Am I likely going to need to do
> that black magic kernel patching? The other guide I've been looking at
> is http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html (as mentioned on the
> offical docs) but I'm confused about older 2.4(?) kernels.

DVB support is in the main kernel tree for 2.6. Whether or not it is
good enough for you depends which card you have. AIUI, the Hauppauge
Nova-T and Avermedia 771 (for example) are supported by the kernel tree,
but for ComproMate or the newer avertv hybrid cards, you'll need the CVS
versions of the DVB modules.

Jules