[mythtv-users] Untranscode

Curtis White soaro77 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 15:20:17 EST 2005

On 11/20/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> >>MythVideo (move the files from your recordings directory to your video
> >>directory) and make sure you have John Harvey's Xv-compatible ivtvdev X
> >>driver for your PVR-350.
> >>
> >OK I do have the itdvdev driver and it is already setup on my
> >framebuffer.  So it sounds like I should be able to just move the
> >files to my video directory and play them. I'll give that a try. Thank
> >you.
> >

> Assuming you have a recent enough version that contains Xv support...

I should have the most recent version. I only installed MythTV a
couple weeks ago. I know I'm at version 1.8.1 I believe. I tried doing
this and for some reason it isn't working. I might not have things
setup quite right for the framebuffer.

In my xorg.conf file, in the Device section for the framebuffer I have

Section "Device"
     Identifier "Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350, Model 990"
     Driver "ivtvdev"
     Option "ivtv" "/dev/fb1"
     BusID "PCI:0:09:0"
EndSection

But I have also seen instructions that show
     Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"

I don't know which one is right. I have tried both and with the ivtv
one I am able to watch Live TV on the TV screen. I don't know if it
uses that or not for Live TV but since it was working I didn't change
it.

I am using the playback command:

mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo fbdev:/dev/fb1 %s

When I run that command from the command line replacing %s with the
.nuv file, it starts buffering the video for a few seconds and then
dies because the buffer is full. It seems it cannot display on the
framebuffer device. Am I doing this wrong? How should I be doing it if
so?